Congratulations on your graduation! Before the big day, make sure you:
- Apply for graduation at your academic dean's office. Each individual office will determine the deadline to submit applications.
- Purchase your cap and gown at The Mizzou Store.
- Order your announcements from C.B. Announcements.
- Update your local and permanent mailing addresses in myZou.
- If applicable, change your name in myZou.
- Pay off any outstanding balance in myZou. Transcripts and diplomas will not be released until your balance is paid in full.
- Check with your Academic Unit for any details regarding commencement.
- See the Mizzou Alumni Association to learn about opportunities for graduates and alumni.
- Take the Mizzou Actions Outcome Survey
In the weeks prior to commencement, you will receive a survey from your school or college asking you about your post-graduation plans. The University of Missouri is required by state law (SB 492) to survey graduating seniors regarding their post-graduation plans. Please take a few minutes to complete the survey as it can make a real difference in the resources available to MU. More importantly, we will use this information to enhance our services to better prepare our students for life after graduation.
Doctoral students must successfully defend their dissertation in order to participate in commencement.